Monday, August 3, 2009

Is He Jai Ho?

How weird can a dream get? For me, by far, last night’s dream was not the weirdest, but it does boggle my mind even until now.

Last night, I dreamed that I was riding a bus with two women who I easily befriended. They told me they were in this bus to see their crush, who will be coming up in the next bus stop. We talked about that for a while until we arrived at the bus stop. Lo, to much of my surprise, I saw someone who is so familiar, since he was my crush when I was a senior in high school. And I was more surprised when then ladies at my back giggled. So he was who they were referring to! I think he knew I had a crush at him in high school but I don’t mind anymore since I don’t have a crush on him now. He smiled at me, so I smiled back. He sat beside me and talked about things, and then surprised me even more when he asked me if I wanted to go out with him. “It’s not like a date or something”, he said, so I agreed to go.

The two girls went with us, acting like they were close friends with Z (let’s just call him Z, it’s a bother having to use pronouns always…). We went to a cinema. I didn’t mind that for some reasons Z have to sit between them. But before the movie started he whispered to me that he has something he wanted to give me, and in exchange I have to show him the pictures I took of him in our graduation. Oops, how did he know about that? I would have asked if I didn’t wake up.

This wouldn’t have bothered me that much, except that I haven’t seen his face or is picture for more than four years now, and yet I still remember what he looked like, unlike my other friends. Furthermore, this is the second time that I dreamed of him, the last time I was in my second year in college. It did also boggled my mind in the past, contributing to my recent reaction. Does this mean anything at all? Maybe. Maybe not. My law classmate tells me he might be jai ho (my destiny). But I don’t think so, since I haven’t met him yet in years, whenever I go home and we drove by his house I don’t see him ( not that I always look for him, but I do, out of habit, search for familiar faces in my hometown). Jai ho or not, his being part of my dream twice is quite remarkable, since none of my friends starred in it for more than once, and only my cousins, sister and brother are the exemption. Plus, his face was so vivid in both dreams, while most of my dreams usually have vague images in which I only recognize the people because of strong familiarity.

As with my other nice dreams, one thing I hated was having to wake up before my anticipated part. Now I still have to guess what that gift would have been. If that was a ring, it could have signified jai ho. Would have I accepted it? Maybe. I would never know.

No comments: